the world's smartest travel social network
March 14, 2011, London UK: Don’t get caught short on your visits to London again – a brand new app from tourism specialists the London Sightseeing Pass provides visitors with special offers, insider attractions info, city maps and even direction to the closest “loo” (the English anachronism for ‘bathroom’!). Developed in conjunction with VisitBritain, the new app is designed to complement the London Sightseeing Pass– a smartcard giving tourists entry to over 55 of London’s top attractions at a great price rate.
Currently available for iPhones, the app is free to all London Sightseeing Pass customers and can be downloaded from the iTunes Store. Complementing the benefits that London Sightseeing Pass customers already receive such as priority access at the busiest attractions to avoid queues, a free guidebook and over 40 additional deals and discounts, the app provides customers with the complete sightseeing package to explore London’s top attractions without the high cost of roaming via the internet. The app’s key feature for visitors from the USA to London is it’s ‘offline’ functionality. Most of the app’s content such as information about each attraction and maps of the city can be accessed by visitors to the Capital without incurring any expensive roaming charges, it is simple to downloaded in advance of your visit.
The London Sightseeing Pass app includes:
· Discover London – a guide to the different parts of London including maps and details of the closest bathroom.
· Attractions – a complete guide to all London Sightseeing Pass attractions including Shakespeare’s Globe Theatre, Westminster Abbey and The Tower of London.
· Special Offers – access to each of the London Sightseeing Pass special offers including discounts at restaurants, shops and theatres.
· Ideas for Days Out – attractions grouped together to create specific days for a user. For example if you’re a sports lover find the suggested ‘tour’ for you; or if you’re thing is ‘British Royalty’ you will find a suggested itinerary for your stay in London directly related to this area of interest.
· Favorites – a feature that allows a user to store their favorite attractions and offers for quick and easy retrieval, and your own personalized itinerary
· Useful Information – all the important information you need when visiting London including contacts for the tourist information, London Underground and bus maps and a directory of other useful phone numbers.
Amanda Truman, product marketing director, London Sightseeing Pass said:
“With so many people used to the ease of accessing information through their cell phone, but anxious about extortionate roaming charges whilst abroad, the new London Sightseeing Pass app will provide tourists with the complete package. Not only does the app allow London explorers to really get the most out of spending time in the city but it is also packed with handy information for the regular visitor. From finding theatre tickets to the nearest toilets – the new app really has everything a London sightseer needs to know.”
The London Sightseeing Pass app can be downloaded from the iTunes App Store http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/london-pass/id394159372?mt=8 The app is free to download for all London Sightseeing Pass holders. A customer simply inputs their confirmation code received at the time of purchasing their London Sightseeing Pass to access the app. For anyone else the cost of the app is $4.99.
For more information and to buy a London Sightseeing Pass please visit the recently revamped www.londonpass.com website, or purchase in-store at the Britain and London Visitors Centre on Regent Street, London.
- Ends -