the world's smartest travel social network
I believe its Tanzania. Points to be noted:
- Tanzania has more land devoted to national parks and game reserves than any other wildlife destination in the world.
- Tanzania has the largest National Park in East Africa - Serengeti, covering over 14,000kmsq of grassland plains and savanna as well as riverine forest and woodlands.
- Tanzania has the highest mountain in Africa - Mt. Kilimanjaro, 5895metres high.
- Tanzania has the largest game reserve in East Africa - Selous is 55,000kmsq large.
- Tanzania has the longest, deepest and largest Lake in Africa, Lake Tanganyika.
- Over 120 tribes, Tanzania reflects a rich culture and people of Tanzania are very hospitable, helpful and polite.
- Tanzania is very peaceful, 70% less crime rate that other countries of Africa.
- Tanzania has more national parks, game reserves and islands than the other East African Countries.
- Tanzania has Ngorongoro Crater, which is also called the 08th wonder of the world.
The only setback of Tanzania is lack of aggressive marketing of the country to the rest of the world. There are loads of people in
the world who still believe Mt. Kili is in Kenya! and then there are those who
do not even know Tanzania exists on the map!
This is a compelling argument, Fatema, because you've taken the time to present the numbers -- the hard facts -- instead of just writing about your impressions. Would you cut-and-paste it as an answer to the question that's on our Ask A Travel Expert widget? That way more people (including the person who asked this question) will see your answer. Thank you!