We are planning luxury oriented trips to Thailand for this fall. Is anyone in Thailand now or have insights about the situation there now that would care to share his/her insights? Elena

Views: 3105

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks CanCan.

CanCan said:
I have been in the area for 8 years. Happy to answer questions but I'm more of a budget/adventure.
Elena -- Bangkok has just been named the world's number one top city by readers of Travel + Leisure magazine, in the annual 'best' list issue (September). That recognition, plus the effort launched by the Thai government and the gov't-related Tourism Authority of Thailand, should go a long way to renew confidence in visiting.

I was in Thailand in March, just before the demonstrations got out of control. Let's please remember that these demonstrations were limited to Bangkok. There was no 'situation' in any other part of the country at any time. The Thais are warm and welcoming people. I would go back to Thailand in a heartbeat.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts Everlyn.

Evelyn Kanter said:
Elena -- Bangkok has just been named the world's number one top city by readers of Travel + Leisure magazine, in the annual 'best' list issue (September). That recognition, plus the effort launched by the Thai government and the gov't-related Tourism Authority of Thailand, should go a long way to renew confidence in visiting.

I was in Thailand in March, just before the demonstrations got out of control. Let's please remember that these demonstrations were limited to Bangkok. There was no 'situation' in any other part of the country at any time. The Thais are warm and welcoming people. I would go back to Thailand in a heartbeat.
Hi Elena,

I was in Thailand last year and it was fab. Please let me know if you need a private guide and driver. I have some great connections with a guide that I used last year. I arranged the itinerary months before we left and she added in some hidden travel secrets, shopping and restaurants and it was perfectly done!
Thanks for your reply! Where in Thailand is she? Elena
Elena,

Nook (she) is based in Bangkok and I can send you her email if you like?

Let me know.

Rose
Yes please to editor at simonandbaker dot com.Thanks! Elena
Hi Elena,

I am a Thai and an editor of a local travel magazine called "anywhere". If you have any specific question about planning a trip to Thailand, I would be very happy to help you out.

Regarding the safety and political situations, I can confirm that Bangkok and the rest of the country is like normal. You just have to be streetwise and avoid certain places as adviced by the government (but frankly it is very safe unless you go to the 3 provinces in deep south or you are really unlucky!)

There are so many luxury properties around Thailand. My favourites are Amanpuri & Trisara in Phuket, The Chedi & Mandarin Oriental Dhara Dhevi in Chiang Mai, Four Seasons Tented Camp in Chiang Rai, Rayavadee in Krabi, Four Seasons& Banyan Tree in Koh Samui and Chiva Som in Hua Hin. SIx-Senses has many resorts in Thailand including the Soneva Kiri in Koh Kood. I personally find Six-Senses resorts very nice but their decor are so similar. If you have been to one of their resorts and still find the concept exciting then it's a good choice as Koh Kood is absolutely beautiful.

Hope this is helpful!
Pimmara
Hi Elena,

Nook's email for the private guide and driver is as follows:

cnnchinlawan@hotmail.com

She can also assist you with custom creating a special itinerary in and around Bangkok to include the
famous floating market.
I have very little time in Bangkok but I'll try her, thanks! Elena

RSS

Your Travel Pix

• ADD PIX
  • SEE MORE

Groups

© 2024   Created by EnLinea Media.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service