Is there such a thing? I'm looking to go in June, I think that's already starting the high season. I'd love to hear from somebody who actually knows the place, I tried Tripadvisor a couple of times and was rudely surprised! Any help is appreciated!!!

Views: 3147

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

John, check out www.ibishotel.com. They're a chain of very affordable hotels with forty-something properties around Paris. Last time I stayed at the one near the Bastille. The rooms are TINY but very nice, clean, modern, even kinda stylish, and you can actually get a room in June around $70-$90 US. You can't beat that!

That's where I stay in Paris if I'm paying my own way.
I LOVE Ibis! I stayed at one in London last year and you really can't beat the price. A friend of mine in the hotel business says they got them all over the world now. Good job, Max!
Last month I stayed at Hotel Royal Phare (40, Avenue De La Motte-Picquet, 07. Tour Eiffel - Invalides Paris, 75007)

It was about Euro-79. Really tiny room and it was freezing that week. It is the convenience of being next to the Metro station and Eiffel Tower. Having come from Mumbai where I stayed at a 4* fr about the same price, it was a shocker. But by Previous visits to Paris, I guess it was OK
Hey, thanks to all for all the helpful tips. I'll reveiw them all, though I lean toward the Ibis, since I think pricewise it's going to be hard to beat, yet not a dive at all from what you guys say.

Great advice!!
We stayed at the Brit Hotel - Le Parisiana last year, it is very near to the Gard du Nord station and in a 'real' Paris area rather than an overpriced touristy one. It is very plain but good value especially compared to other hotels in Paris (in 2008 we stayed in for for three times the price that was absolutely horrible so often price isn't the best indicator for quality in Paris).
For cheap and cheerful look at the neighbourhood around the Eiffel Tower. There are lots of small two- and three-star hotels here. Now, you have got to lower your expectations. The rooms will be small, but it's Paris, you're not there to sit and enjoy the furniture. I had a room where the bath was actually shoved into a closet! (If you're battling a few pounds, not for you.)

You want to spend under $100, so we're talking basic accommodation. But clean and with coffee and croissant for breakfast thrown in. Start with the Hotel de l'Avre (www.cofrase.com), rates start at 65 Euros. The Hotel le Kensington.

If you are going to be there for a week, you might consider renting a small apartment. Check out: www.citadines.com.
I vote for the Ibis as well, unless you want local character, in which case some of the other recommendations here are great.
It is cheaper if you rent a private apartment:

http://www.sunnyrentals.com/en_US/search/france/paris/paris-france/...

RSS

Your Travel Pix

• ADD PIX
  • SEE MORE

Groups

© 2024   Created by EnLinea Media.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service